Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Tolsch, Ed" <Ed...@fmr.com> on 2001/07/12 17:23:45 UTC

Serializer help

HI,
	I'm trying to serialize an org.w3c.dom.Element as the return type of
my soap service. I assumed I needed to modify my deploymentdescriptor file
to tell it how to serialize my object. My Deployment descriptor mapping
looks like the following:

      <isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
             id="urn:string-service">
  	<isd:provider type="java"
                scope="Application"
                methods="strUpper stringUpper">
    	<isd:java class="services.strings.StringService" static="false"/>
      </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>

	<isd:mappings>
	    <isd:map
	             xmlns:x="urn:xml-string-svc" qname="x:stringUpperElem"
	             javaType="org.w3c.dom.Element"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer"/>
	  </isd:mappings>

	This is causing my rpcrouter to blow up.  Is this the right approach
or am I trying to solve the problem in the wrong area? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.