Posted to dev@mnemonic.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2016/05/26 18:09:01 UTC

Release followup.

Kudos on getting your first release finalized. Anything remaining that you
need help with? wrt the release I mean.

Patrick

Re: Release followup.

Posted by Gary <ga...@apache.org>.
Hello Sally,

   Yes, Thanks for your advice. I also appreciate your guidance in ApacheCon media/analyst training class that is very helpful and impressive for me and Yanping. Thanks.

Sincerely,
+Gary

Re: Release followup.

Re: Release followup.

Posted by Yanping Wang <yw...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Gary, I think you can reply Patrick's email in general incubator list
regarding the total vote counts and announce the release.
Then let's see how we apply what we learnt from Sally's media training at
apacheCon.

-Yanping

Re: Release followup.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: Release followup.

Posted by Gary <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Yanping,

   Yes it is, the first testsuit for durable native computing is under developing, this testsuit would be very simple i.e. to ask a computing service to print out all values of a Xdims durable Java linked list. however, it is just able to verify some basic/core aspects of this module, there are many issues needed to be discussed further e.g. native computing isolation, handling computing exception, pass complex results and etc. I think it would not be one for all solutions for early phase adoption but we should make it flexible as much as possible for developer to extend. In addition, some general native algorithms code e.g. sorting, map, reduce might be customized to generalize the data type to process and fit into native computing service's conventions. but I think, essentially, the specific native computing services might not be in the scope of Apache Mnemonic. Thanks.

B.R,
+Gary.

Re: Release followup.

Posted by Yanping Wang <yw...@gmail.com>.