Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2005/09/01 22:52:57 UTC

Commons Proxy Incubation...

Sorry to have hijacked another thread for this discussion, but the contents
of that thread brought about the question.  Anyway, here's the situation.

1.	I developed all of the code myself while trying to come up with
ideas of how we could redesign Jakarta HiveMind to make it lend itself more
to configuration by hand (less XML good).
2.	My employer, a company solely owned by me (I'm an independent
consultant), does not have a problem with the code being granted to ASF.  If
you guys need a grant signed and faxed in, I can do that quite easily.
3.	Yes, I am an Apache Committer (jcarman@apache.org) with individual
CLA on file.

So, should we officially go through the incubator just to make this project
legitimate?  I apologize for not doing so in the first place, but the way we
describe the "sandbox" makes it sound like a very informal place for us
committers to toss around ideas/thoughts.

James

Re: Commons Proxy Incubation...

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
*ping*

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Where do I fax the form?  There are no instructions on it.

--On September 1, 2005 4:52:57 PM -0400 James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> Sorry to have hijacked another thread for this discussion, but the
> contents of that thread brought about the question.  Anyway, here's the
> situation.
>

> 1.	I developed all of the code myself while trying to come up with
> ideas of how we could redesign Jakarta HiveMind to make it lend itself
> more to configuration by hand (less XML good).
> 2.	My employer, a company solely owned by me (I'm an independent
> consultant), does not have a problem with the code being granted to ASF.
> If you guys need a grant signed and faxed in, I can do that quite easily.
> 3.	Yes, I am an Apache Committer (jcarman@apache.org) with individual
CLA
> on file.
>

> So, should we officially go through the incubator just to make this
> project legitimate?  I apologize for not doing so in the first place, but
> the way we describe the "sandbox" makes it sound like a very informal
> place for us committers to toss around ideas/thoughts.

I would follow this set of guidelines:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects
/ip-clearance-template.html>

Based upon your description, it should be as simple as filling out this
form.  (And sending in the software-grant.txt form.)

You might find wss4j a good example of a filled out IP clearance form:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects
/wss4j.cwiki>

HTH.  -- justin

Re: Commons Proxy Incubation...

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On September 1, 2005 4:52:57 PM -0400 James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> Sorry to have hijacked another thread for this discussion, but the
> contents of that thread brought about the question.  Anyway, here's the
> situation.
>

> 1.	I developed all of the code myself while trying to come up with
> ideas of how we could redesign Jakarta HiveMind to make it lend itself
> more to configuration by hand (less XML good).
> 2.	My employer, a company solely owned by me (I'm an independent
> consultant), does not have a problem with the code being granted to ASF.
> If you guys need a grant signed and faxed in, I can do that quite easily.
> 3.	Yes, I am an Apache Committer (jcarman@apache.org) with individual CLA
> on file.
>

> So, should we officially go through the incubator just to make this
> project legitimate?  I apologize for not doing so in the first place, but
> the way we describe the "sandbox" makes it sound like a very informal
> place for us committers to toss around ideas/thoughts.

I would follow this set of guidelines:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/ip-clearance-template.html>

Based upon your description, it should be as simple as filling out this
form.  (And sending in the software-grant.txt form.)

You might find wss4j a good example of a filled out IP clearance form:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/wss4j.cwiki>

HTH.  -- justin