Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by afan0804 <wi...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/23 19:23:38 UTC

Nutch on Linux: common-terms.utf8 not found

Hi all,

I am trying to run Nutch 0.8 on a Linux server and am coming up with some
errors that did not appear when I ran Nutch on a Windows machine.  It get
this error message: common-terms.utf8 not found which is throwing a
java.lang.NullPointerException.  The line that giving the error message is
conf.getConfResourceAsReader(conf.get("analysis.common.terms.file")) in
org.apache.nutch.analysis.CommonGrams.

I have tried to change analysis.common.terms.file in nutch-site.xml to an
absolute path pointing to common-terms.utf8 or a path relative to the nutch
or hadoop jar file.  None of these succeed.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!
Angela