Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christopher Prince <cp...@interbaun.com> on 2003/07/02 15:37:18 UTC

newbie: can't build

hello,

this is my very first project with maven, so please forgive my total
newbieness.

the problem occurs when maven attempts to compile the junit test code.  The
compile fails because it
cannot find the junit jar.  So I added in a dependency

   <!-- dependency for junit -->
   <dependency>
      <id>juint</id>
      <groupID>juint</groupID>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
   </dependency>

and this didn't help at all and there is a junit jar in the repository

what's the scoop?

thanks
chris

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Christopher Prince <cp...@interbaun.com>.
no it is just the email

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:07, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> What would be needed is validation...

Sure, that would help but I think that care and some examination would
also do the trick. People rely far to heavily on automated validation.
The POM validator certainly wouldn't have helped with the junit typo.

> When download b9, I think, I obtained a kind of XML-schema. It has an
> error (according to Xerces) but this doesn't really affect the
> validation...
>
> Pau
>

> On Jeudi, juil 3, 2003, at 04:03 Europe/Paris, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:37, Christopher Prince wrote:
> >> hello,
> >>
> >> this is my very first project with maven, so please forgive my total
> >> newbieness.
> >>
> >> the problem occurs when maven attempts to compile the junit test
> >> code.  The
> >> compile fails because it
> >> cannot find the junit jar.  So I added in a dependency
> >>
> >>    <!-- dependency for junit -->
> >>    <dependency>
> >>       <id>juint</id>
> >>       <groupID>juint</groupID>
> >>       <version>3.8.1</version>
> >>    </dependency>
> >
> > You have junit spelled incorrectly and the element to denote a group is
> > 'groupId' not 'groupID'. Please take a look at the user-guide.
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html
> >
> >> and this didn't help at all and there is a junit jar in the repository
> >>
> >> what's the scoop?
> >
> > The scoop is that you should take more care when asking questions if
> > you
> > want to get some help. The user guide explains how to use the 'genapp'
> > plugin to generate a correct first project.
> >
> >> thanks
> >> chris

> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason@zenplex.com
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >
> > In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
> > and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
> >
> >   -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Have you tried
maven pom:validate
?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:37, Christopher Prince wrote:
> hello,
>
> this is my very first project with maven, so please forgive my total
> newbieness.
>
> the problem occurs when maven attempts to compile the junit test code.  The
> compile fails because it
> cannot find the junit jar.  So I added in a dependency
>
>    <!-- dependency for junit -->
>    <dependency>
>       <id>juint</id>
>       <groupID>juint</groupID>
>       <version>3.8.1</version>
>    </dependency>

You have junit spelled incorrectly and the element to denote a group is
'groupId' not 'groupID'. Please take a look at the user-guide.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html

> and this didn't help at all and there is a junit jar in the repository
>
> what's the scoop?

The scoop is that you should take more care when asking questions if you
want to get some help. The user guide explains how to use the 'genapp'
plugin to generate a correct first project.

> thanks
> chris

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Juergen Heidak <Ju...@Heidak.de>.
You typed juint instead of junit maybe thats the problem.

Regards

Re: newbie: can't build

Posted by Marc Gemis <ma...@agfa.com>.