Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ro...@gmx.de on 2004/06/21 12:54:27 UTC

what classes can use client

Hello!

If I define MyProg.java as WS, and in MyProg there is methods using objects
of classes like MyClass, can then the client (e.g. VB one) of this WS hanlde
MyClass-objects? Or should I use only classes like String, Integer ans
Boolean as parameter?

regards, Roman

Re: what classes can use client

Posted by ro...@gmx.de.
ok, thank you.

Another related question:

must MyClass implement Serializable-Interface (MyClass should be
serializable)?

regards,

Roman

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router f�r alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl

Re: what classes can use client

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Yea its shud
  must MyClass implement Serializable-Interface (MyClass should be
  serializable)?

  regards,

  Roman

  > Roman,
  >
  > There is no problem in passing a complex object to the WS. These objects
  > should be taken care in the WSDL that u r generating.
  >
  > For eg : if u have WS like public String MyWS(Myclass Myc)
  >
  > You will have some thing like this in the WSDL
  >
  > <complexType name="Myclass">
  >     <sequence>
  >      <element name="type1" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
  >      <element name="type2" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
  >     </sequence>
  >    </complexType>
  >

  > Thw WSDL takes care of it.
  >
  > Now ur client should call the WS with an object of type Myclass
  >
  > Cheers !!
  > Dhanush

  +++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++