Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ja...@chiinc.com on 2002/06/18 16:12:33 UTC

No Serializer found for response

I've recently upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.3 LE and SOAP 2.3.1.  After the upgrade
(and adding some jars to Tomcats classpath), A SOAP RPC service previously
working with SOAP 2.2 and Tomcat 4.0.3 (non-LE) which returned an object
composed of various simple types using a SOAPMappingRegistry and
(De)Serializer which I wrote no longer worked.  I get the error "No
Serializer found for: MyClassName".  I've tried not using the
SOAPMappingRegistry and instead specifying all of the mappings explicitly in
the deployment descriptor and get the following error: "MyCustomSerializer
is unable to be resolved as a valid Serializer".  Straightforward enough, so
I decided to replace my serializer in the deployment descriptor with
Apache's BeanSerializer (MyCustomSerializer extends BeanSerializer) just to
make sure something wasn't amiss with my serializer and I continued to get
"BeanSerializer is unable to be resolved as a valid Serializer".  I've
checked the BeanSerializer Code and things seem pretty similar between
version 2.2 and 2.3.1.  It seems to me that either I have a classpath
problem (which would be strange considering tomcat is able to find my rpc
services classes and the other soap classes) or something has changed with
the way the SOAPMappingRegistry and (de)serializers are resolved.  I just
wanted to check if anyone else has encountered this problem before starting
to dig around in that code.

On a side note, I'm relatively new to client/server debugging and would be
interested if anyone could point me to a good primer/tools for doing so.
I'm currently using forte 3, and it seems relatively difficult to debug a
server side process that doesn't use forte's bundled version of tomcat.

Thanks for your help

Jason Donmoyer
Software Engineer
CHI Systems, Inc.