Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Prem kalyan <pr...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/26 12:56:42 UTC

what is the role of "mapping.properties" and what are its entries specify.

--
regards,
prem

Re: Re: what is the role of "mapping.properties" and what are its entries specify.

Posted by Prem kalyan <pr...@gmail.com>.
hi ,

          thanx , but i dont think it is used for that purpose.
At this location
               incubator-geronimo-1.0-M1/modules/security/src/test-data/data
i found the following files

                    groups.properties
                    login.config
                    mapping.properties
                    users.properties

the file users.properties has the usernames and passwords. So this
cannot be and at the same time geronimo doesn't store passwords
encrypted.The reamaining files  are self explanatory by their names.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:45:06 +0200, Jacek Laskowski
<jl...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I don't know, but did a search and found this:
>
> $ find . -name "mapping.properties" -print
> ../modules/security/src/test-data/data/mapping.properties
> ../modules/security/target/test-classes/data/mapping.properties
>
> $ cat ./modules/security/src/test-data/data/mapping.properties
> ##
> ##
> ##   Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation
> ##
> ##   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> ##   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
> ##   You may obtain a copy of the License at
> ##
> ##       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> ##
> ##   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> ##   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> ##   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
> implied.
> ##   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> ##   limitations under the License.
> ##
>
> izumi=a:A:pa
> alan=b:B:pb
> george=c:C:pc
> gracie=d:D:pd
> metro=e:E:pe
>
> I guess these are users and their passwords. It's in the security
> module, so I'd believe it's like /etc/passwd on Unix.
>
> BTW, Why do you ask about it? Have you stepped on a problem?

     actually i am trying to port a small application from weblogic to
Geronimo and that weblogic app uses security in DD.

<security-role-assignment>
	<role-name>gold_customer</role-name>
	<principal-name>gold</principal-name>
  </security-role-assignment>

  <security-role-assignment>
	<role-name>customer</role-name>
	<principal-name>cust</principal-name>
	<principal-name>customer</principal-name>
	<principal-name>j2ee</principal-name>
  </security-role-assignment>

i just wanna know what are the corresponding entries in Geronimo's
openejb-jar.xml.

--
regards,
prem

Re: what is the role of "mapping.properties" and what are its entries specify.