Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2019/01/30 03:16:16 UTC

Integration test fixes

I just merged https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/3412 which contain
a fix for the failures in integration tests that have been plaguing
our CI in the last week.

Please merge your PRs with master in order to pick up the fix and have
CI to go back to a sane level of flakiness.

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: Integration test fixes

Posted by David Kjerrumgaard <da...@streaml.io>.
Sanjeev,

I re-merged last night, and am now getting the above error messages.

- David

Re: Integration test fixes

Posted by Sanjeev Kulkarni <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Integration test fixes

Posted by David Kjerrumgaard <da...@streaml.io>.

Re: Integration test fixes

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno mer 30 gen 2019 alle ore 18:13 Matteo Merli
<ma...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:34 AM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jenkins merges the patch with current master before running tests, doesn't
> > it?
>
> I don't think this is being done by Jenkins, at least with the current
> configuration.
> I haven't seen any merge-conflict errors in Jenkins build while the
> conflict are then
> visible on GitHub where the "merge" button is disabled.
>
> It would be certainly nice to have in Jenkins for all these cases.

Currently you are using ${sha1} which means:
- merge with target branch if possible
- do not merge if it is not possible

this is the reason why you are not seeing merge conflicts

see docs in
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

or this example:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/ghprb-plugin/issues/563