Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Melgar <dm...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/25 16:13:15 UTC

axis client applet

Interesting point. I think there had been some discussion about that on the
axis dev mailing list quite a while ago. Certainly seems reasonable to
expect the client to run as an applet. It partly had to do with the client
trying to read a configuration file.

David Melgar
Web Services Toolkit Development
Emerging Technologies
dmelgar@us.ibm.com

"Token Scotsman" <to...@hotmail.com> on 03/25/2002 04:49:22 AM

To:    David Melgar/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:    axis client

Sorry to mail you directly. I was hoping you could answer a quick question.
Do you ever expect the axis client code to be thin client applet friendly?
If you try to use the axis client code now you get lots of
SecurityExceptions (I realise I could sign the applet to resolve this).

I'm just wondering is this situation will change, or if I should be looking
to use another soap client library for thin applet use.

Any info appreciated.

Kieran