Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark van Dijk <m....@devote.nl> on 2001/11/22 16:00:44 UTC

Cocoon 2: Multiple actions in 1 form

Hi all,

We are trying to migrate to Cocoon 2, but we have the following problem.

We use a lot forms which hold multiple actions, like update, save, confirm.

We 'must' define the buttons like this:

<INPUT TYPE="image" NAME="confirm" SRC="/static_language/ENG/confirm.gif"/>

Because the form holds multiple actions, it is as far as I know not possible
to create more than one
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="cocoon-action" VALUE=[desired action]>

Our commissioner will not allow the use of javascript, so this is not an
option for us.

In other words: how can i define multiple image submit buttons, without
using <INPUT TYPE="submit"/>
elements in 1 HTML Form?

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Re: Cocoon 2: Multiple actions in 1 form

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Why don't you use <input type="image" name="confirm" src="confirm.gif" />
and define an action with name? E.g.
    <action name="confirm.x" type="YourAction"/> - I think this will work.

A while ago I've suggested an enhancement for C2's actions-set to solve
multiple cases, but unfortunately hadn't time to implement it. The solution
was to add additional attributes to action-set tag, that would allow to
select the action depending on different things:
    - cocoon-action - as it is now
    - any desired param <action-set
action-param-name="my-action">...</action-set>
    - check the presence of any of the action names in request parameters
(e.g.: <button name="add" value="Add">, <button name="delete"
value="Delete"): <action-set action-param-present="add, delete"> (or simply
use declared actions' names)
    - use a sitemap param to select the action (e.g. an action URL: <form
action="questions/confirm" />):
        <match pattern="questions/*"
            <action-set action-value="{1}" />
        </match>