Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Mnisi, Caleb" <cm...@deloitte.co.za.INVALID> on 2023/03/15 14:08:05 UTC

logging pickle files on local run of spark.ml Pipeline model

Good Day

I am having trouble saving a spark.ml Pipeline model to a pickle file, when running locally on my PC.
I've tried a few ways to save the model:

  1.  mlflow.spark.log_model(artifact_path=experiment.artifact_location, spark_model= model, registered_model_name="myModel")
     *   with error that the spark model is multiple files
  2.  pickle.dump(model, file): with error - TypeError: cannot pickle '_thread.RLock' object
  3.  model.save('path'): with Java errors:
     *   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputCommitter.commitJob(OutputCommitter.java:291)
     *   at org.apache.spark.internal.io.HadoopMapReduceCommitProtocol.commitJob(HadoopMapReduceCommitProtocol.scala:182)
     *   at org.apache.spark.internal.io.SparkHadoopWriter$.write(SparkHadoopWriter.scala:99) ... 67 more

Your assistance on this would be much appreciated.
Regards,

Caleb Mnisi
Consultant | Deloitte Analytics | Cognitive Advantage
Deloitte & Touche
5th floor, 5 Magwa Crescent, Waterfall City, 2090
M: +27 72 170 8779
cmnisi@deloitte.co.za<ma...@deloitte.co.za> | www2.deloitte.com/za<ma...@deloitte.co.za>

[cid:image001.png@01D95757.1241E560]

*Disclaimer:* This email is subject to important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that must be accessed and read by visiting our website and viewing the webpage at the following address: http://www.deloitte.com/za/disclaimer. The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email. If you cannot access the Disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to zaitservicedesk@deloitte.co.za. Deloitte refers to a Deloitte member firm, one of its related entities, or Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"). Each Deloitte member firm is a separate legal entity and a member of DTTL. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.

Re: logging pickle files on local run of spark.ml Pipeline model

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Pickle won't work. But the others should. I think you are specifying an
invalid path in both cases but hard to say without more detail