Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> on 2017/07/28 17:36:35 UTC

RE: Drag and Drop issue - RESOLVED

Hi Mike,

I ran these commands:

ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacsnd-client.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp
ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/libguac.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp
ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacdr-client.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp

And restarted guad

Now G: drive appears on Client.

Many thanks, Adrian

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I ran these commands:
>
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacsnd-client.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacdr-client.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp

Note that there are other plugins installed, like guacai-client.so
(used for audio input where available). To cover everything, a simpler
approach would be:

    ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guac*.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp/

It's worth noting that the reason what you were doing earlier was not
working was that the FreeRDP libraries were not present in
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu but rather /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu. Though
the former path would have been correct on 64-bit Debian, the path on
32-bit Debian is different. The path will vary across distribution as
well, so when in doubt, a good first step is to locate libfreerdp*.so
- that will determine the base path of where the "freerdp"
subdirectory needs to be, which may not initially exist.

> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/libguac.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/freerdp

There is no "/usr/local/lib/freerdp/libguac.so", nor any need to have
a copy of libguac.so present in FreeRDP's plugin directory. The system
linker will find it in the system-wide location to which it was
installed. Adding this symbolic link will have no effect.

> And restarted guad

There is no need to restart guacd for this. You only need to restart
guacd after upgrading to a new Guacamole version.

> Now G: drive appears on Client.

Glad to hear it.

Thanks,

- Mike