Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/03/06 16:22:55 UTC

Sample Service WSDLs

Hi devs,

Axis2/C supports contract first approach IIRC. Thus, it would be better if
we could provide WSDLs for each sample service. This is necessary as there
are users who use Axis2/C server side with various other clients. It also
will broaden our capabilities in interop testing.

Once this is done, we have to make sure that we provide the static .wsdl
path for each sample in the corresponding services.xml. This should be
more or less similar to how we setup the policy files of the secpolicy
samples in Rampart/C if you are familiar.

I'm looking forward to document the use of a static .wsdl file for each
service sample, and before that could be done it is better if we could
make $subject available.

Hope to see these before the next release.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
> Senaka Fernando wrote:
>> Hi Samisa,
>>
>> Since Calculator has a WSDL, let it be the single sample with a WSDL in
>> that case. Yes, as you say this might give an incorrect understanding.
>> Well we can use another approach to address this issue. We can provide
>> some try-it on your own WSDL files inside the samples folder. How about
>> that?
>>

> What do you mean by try it?

Meaning that we don't have generated code for those WSDLs. If a user
wants, he/she can use the codegen tool and generate code for it and use
them as sample services/clients.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi Samisa,
>
> Since Calculator has a WSDL, let it be the single sample with a WSDL in
> that case. Yes, as you say this might give an incorrect understanding.
> Well we can use another approach to address this issue. We can provide
> some try-it on your own WSDL files inside the samples folder. How about
> that?

What do you mean by try it?

Samisa...

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Samisa,

Since Calculator has a WSDL, let it be the single sample with a WSDL in
that case. Yes, as you say this might give an incorrect understanding.
Well we can use another approach to address this issue. We can provide
some try-it on your own WSDL files inside the samples folder. How about
that?

Because, it seems that we don't pack the test/resources folder in some
distributions. Therefore, users don't see any WSDL files. Calculator.wsdl
perhaps would be the first such WSDL that is going to be packed.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 12:52 +0530, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> People just want to try the wsdl serving and know how to do that with a
> service. I do not think it is a good idea to add more features to
> existing samples and take away the key message out of the samples. As an
> example so SOAP 1.1 we have a seperate sample, so does rest. We can
> easily add those to one sample and make is a "one stop shop" sample.
> However the idea is to "KISS", and not to clutter the samples with
> overloaded information.
>
> Samples are for absolute beginners, not to those who want to do more.
> For those who want to d more, there are docs and header files to figure
> things out.

Absolutely +1 .

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: Sample Service WSDLs

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I think it's better if we can modify those samples under
samples/codegen/databinding directory to work with new changes in WSDL2C and
document them in Axis2/C manual. Also I think it's better to remove or
modify the samples under samples/codegen/client and samples/codegen/server
directory. AFIK these samples are out dated.

I think Senaka's idea is good and if we can provide more samples with WSDLs
(samples that Senka has mentioned) it will make new users life easier. I
also agreed that we have to provide code generation sample for MTOM.

Thanks
Milinda

http://inf-dimensions.blogspot.com "Infinite Dimensions"
http://wsaxc.blogspot.com "Web Services With Axis2/C"