Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org> on 2021/04/05 17:58:07 UTC

[VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Hi folks,

Based on the recent conversations
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/raed89cc5ab78531c48f56aa1989e1e7eb05f89a6941e38e9bc8803ff%40%3Cuser.mesos.apache.org%3E>
on our mailing list, it seems to me that the majority consensus among the
existing PMC is to move the project to the attic <https://attic.apache.org/>
and let the interested community members collaborate on a fork in Github.

I would like to call a vote to dissolve the PMC and move the project to the
attic.

Please reply to this thread with your vote. Only binding votes from
PMC/committers count towards the final tally but everyone in the community
is encouraged to vote. See process here
<https://attic.apache.org/process.html>.

Thanks,

Re: Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@apache.org>.
Write permission will be turned off. All Apache Mesos repositories will become read-only, upon a move to the Attic.

Regards,
Greg Stein
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF

Posted by Charles-François Natali <cf...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Alex R <al...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andrew Schwartzmeyer <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Bannier <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Meng Zhu <me...@gmail.com>.
+1

It has been a pleasure working with you all!

Posted by Gastón Kleiman <ga...@apache.org>.
+1

I had a great time working with you all and with the community! Hope our
paths cross again in the future!

Posted by Dave Lester <dl...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Till Toenshoff <to...@me.com.INVALID>.

> On 5. Apr 2021, at 19:58, Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Based on the recent conversations <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/raed89cc5ab78531c48f56aa1989e1e7eb05f89a6941e38e9bc8803ff%40%3Cuser.mesos.apache.org%3E> on our mailing list, it seems to me that the majority consensus among the existing PMC is to move the project to the attic <https://attic.apache.org/> and let the interested community members collaborate on a fork in Github.
>
> I would like to call a vote to dissolve the PMC and move the project to the attic.
>
> Please reply to this thread with your vote. Only binding votes from PMC/committers count towards the final tally but everyone in the community is encouraged to vote. See process here <https://attic.apache.org/process.html>.
>
> Thanks,

+1 for move to attic.

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by DhilipKumar Sankaranarayanan <s....@gmail.com>.
+1

All the very best everyone,
really sad to see this great project go to attic :-( also excited about
it's potential forks.

Regards,
Dhilip

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

While it is of course sad to see things come to an end here, I do encourage
those of you who wish to see Mesos live on to try and breath new life into
it as a standalone project on github.
In that sense, this is more of a new beginning than an end.
The king is dead, long live the king!

Kevin

--
~Kevin

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
~Kevin

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by DhilipKumar Sankaranarayanan <s....@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Till Toenshoff <to...@me.com>.

> On 5. Apr 2021, at 19:58, Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Based on the recent conversations <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/raed89cc5ab78531c48f56aa1989e1e7eb05f89a6941e38e9bc8803ff%40%3Cuser.mesos.apache.org%3E> on our mailing list, it seems to me that the majority consensus among the existing PMC is to move the project to the attic <https://attic.apache.org/> and let the interested community members collaborate on a fork in Github.
>
> I would like to call a vote to dissolve the PMC and move the project to the attic.
>
> Please reply to this thread with your vote. Only binding votes from PMC/committers count towards the final tally but everyone in the community is encouraged to vote. See process here <https://attic.apache.org/process.html>.
>
> Thanks,

+1 for move to attic.

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by Gastón Kleiman <ga...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Gastón Kleiman <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Yan Xu <ya...@jxu.me>.
+1

It’s been quite a journey!

Yan

--
Sent from mobile

Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Mesos to Attic

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Rich,

Posted by Samuel Marks <sa...@offscale.io>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org>.
Thanks for taking the time to explain more to an outsider. Much appreciated. I remain unclear as to how the project could have enough people to remain active on Github, but not here. However, not seeing any dissenting voices from the stated-possible-new-committers, I accept your reasoning, and will resume my place in the peanut gallery. I wish you all well, and it was a pleasure having you here at Apache for the past 8 years.

--Rich

Posted by Charles-François Natali <cf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich,

Posted by Meng Zhu <me...@gmail.com>.