Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Jim Helm <jj...@att.net> on 2002/04/03 08:03:48 UTC

RE: [Fwd: install test fails] & PERL5LIB

Um, don't mean to be a pest, but has anyone actually read my posts about
PERL5LIB and 'make test'?  Is this a non-issue or is it something that
ought to get fixed?

As for the URI::URL issue Stas mentioned below, I don't think the prereq
would fix it - LWP is what stopped 'use'ing URI::URL - in the process
breaking the test suite. I think the test suite needs to use URI::URL
explicitly.  The workaround floating around the boards is to use 'export
PERL_HTTP_URI_CLASS=URI::URL' which changes the behavior of LWP, and it
would be better to just make it so mod_perl doesn't rely on that
particular (deprecated) behavior (IMHO).

Of course (I just realized) you may have meant that in the first place.
(I just love when the lightbulb goes off after I open my mouth.)

Jim