Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2009/02/24 22:28:47 UTC

[VOTE] Chukwa as subproject

I'd like to propose Chukwa as a new Hadoop subproject. It is currently
in Hadoop Core's contrib directory. The initial committers will be:
Eric Yang, and Ari Rabkin. Clearly, I'm +1. Chukwa is still a new
project and both of the committers are new, so it will still need some
hand-holding, but I think it is moving fast enough that it should be
on its own.

-- Owen

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa as subproject

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Feb 24, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> I'd like to propose Chukwa as a new Hadoop subproject. It is
> currently in Hadoop Core's contrib directory. The initial committers
> will be: Eric Yang, and Ari Rabkin. Clearly, I'm +1. Chukwa is still
> a new project and both of the committers are new, so it will still
> need some hand-holding, but I think it is moving fast enough that it
> should be on its own.

+1

Arun

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa as subproject

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.
+1

Posted by Angsuman Chakraborty <an...@taragana.com>.
+1

Angsuman Chakraborty

--
Angsuman Chakraborty
CEO Taragana Inc.

You can follow me on twitter - http://twitter.com/angsuman
AIM: angsuman, Yahoo IM: angsuman

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa as subproject

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

[RESULT] Chukwa as subproject

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
With 6 +1's from the PMC and no -1's, the vote passes. I'll create the
mailing lists and Jira and schedule the subversion move.

Posted by lohit <lo...@yahoo.com>.
+1.
Thanks,
Lohit

This is great for Chukwa to manage it's own release schedule and branches.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1.