Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2012/06/22 14:29:09 UTC

text of release announcement for 10.9.1.0

Here's what I have so far. Please help me improve this. I plan to
announce the release on Monday June 25.

Thanks,
-Rick

--------------------------------

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce feature release 10.9.1.0.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.9.1.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Derby 10.9.1.0 contains the following new features:

     * NATIVE authentication - Derby now provides better credentials
management to replace BUILTIN authentication.
     * JDBC 4.1 escape syntax - Most of Derby's JDBC 4.1 support was
provided in release 10.8.1.2. This release supplies the remaining bits:
object mapping and new escape syntax.
     * Multi-column EXISTS subqueries - Multi-column SELECT lists are
now allowed in EXISTS subqueries.

In addition, Derby 10.9.1.0 contains many bug, security, and
documentation fixes.

Please try out this new release.

Re: text of release announcement for 10.9.1.0

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
This looks fine to me. I was wondering if you might want more detail on
the NATIVE authentication changes, but after more thought, I don't
believe it is really needed.

Kim