Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/07/07 07:11:09 UTC

Re: Apache LICENSE [Randy Terbush ]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: Re: Apache LICENSE (fwd)
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 10:54:44 -0500
From: Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>

My 2 cents on this would be to resist moving Apache under the GPL.
The GPL has mixed acceptance in the community and would only cause
us similar grief in the BSD camps.

I don't really understand why "reasonable price" gives them a problem...

> > I'm no lawyer, but I am almost certain that "should" has no firm legal
> > meaning.

This is probably a valid point. Perhaps we should change to "must".