Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Drone42 <ge...@logica.com> on 2010/03/26 08:55:08 UTC

Which application server to use?

I have been searching the forum to try to find out which application server
(... if any) people use to run and manage their camel routes. OSGI seems
abundant, but I cant find any clear answer. Which is good; shows the
flexibility.

I would still like to hear peoples experiences with different ways of
deploying;
- Which application server is being used?
- What was the decision criteria?
- Any obvious benefits / drawbacks through the usage of a specific server?
- Is there a preferences in the Camel community towards a specific one?

We have a fairly large, distributed environment, where many different camel
contexts will be deployed and maintained. We would like to be able to
redeploy routes dynamically (found many threths on this subject). We need
performance monitoring and failover. Security is a concern but lesser so.
Simplicity in usage and deployment as always nice to have.