Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by 王 东喆 <dj...@hotmail.com> on 2017/03/22 02:18:44 UTC

Do we have any release plan for Lucenenet?

Hi

I am a .Net developer, I was finding a index engine framework recently. I found Lucene Java version is 6.x, but .Net version is still 3.x, so i am wondering if there is a roadmap for Lucenenet?

Thanks a lot.

Bruce Wang.

RE: Do we have any release plan for Lucenenet?

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Bruce,

Thanks for the interest. For more than the past 2 years, we have been working toward a 4.8.0 version port of Lucene.Net. It is taking a lot of time to port because we just don't have enough people working on it. Lucene is not your typical project - it has nearly 400,000 lines of code and requires a lot of manpower to get it all done.

We have a beta on MyGet now: https://www.myget.org/gallery/lucene-net. Do note that we will have a new beta soon with lots of breaking API changes from this early release as well as .NET Core support.

BTW - the SmartCN analysis package (https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/releases/lucene-solr/4.8.0/lucene/analysis/smartcn) has not been ported and is not planned for the initial release. But if you have interest in it, we would welcome the contribution @ https://github.com/apache/lucenenet.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)