Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/10/07 21:54:26 UTC

Source tree and multiple configs.

Hi.

Has anyone been successfull in having 1 source tree and multiple configs ?

I now have:
- windows7
- windows7 debug
- ubuntu 12.04
- ubuntu 12.04 debug
- centOS (experimental)

And I am getting seriously tired of having to synchronize the source files
everytime I cross compile.

Is it not possible to run ./configure so that I can have everything in 1
tree, meaning when I change a source, its available to all platforms ?

rgds
jan I.

Re: Source tree and multiple configs.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/13 7:09 PM, janI wrote:
> On 8 October 2013 17:55, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/7/13 9:54 PM, janI wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Has anyone been successfull in having 1 source tree and multiple configs
>> ?
>>>
>>> I now have:
>>> - windows7
>>> - windows7 debug
>>> - ubuntu 12.04
>>> - ubuntu 12.04 debug
>>> - centOS (experimental)
>>>
>>> And I am getting seriously tired of having to synchronize the source
>> files
>>> everytime I cross compile.
>>>
>>> Is it not possible to run ./configure so that I can have everything in 1
>>> tree, meaning when I change a source, its available to all platforms ?
>>>

>> I haven't tried it for a long time but I assume it worked if you the
>> configure again and again on the different platforms and use the
>> generated env scripts (e.g. MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh, ...). On Linux you
>> potentially run into a name conflict but you can copy the scripts before
>> calling configure on the next Linux platform. Just try it out.
>>

> I did try it, that why I ask others :-)
>
> the .sh files is not the biggest problem, unxlngx6.pro directory is my
> biggest problem because configure/bootstrap generates several files, which
> seems to want to be in unxlngx6.pro. I think I miss a configure switch to
> set the object directory.

yes that seems to be a real problem on Linux. Sharing between Linux
systems seems to be not possible at the moment. "unxlngx6" or "unxlngi6"
is the only difference between 32 and 64 bit.

You can play with

OUTPATH="unxmacxi"
INPATH="unxmacxi.pro"

in the env script and change it for your different linux systems and
adapt the generated dirs as well. But I assume that it is not easy
possible because of many hard coded usages all over the build scripts
and config files.

Juergen

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.