Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Nodet Guillaume <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 10:21:51 UTC

Changes to distribution

Hi everybody !

I'm wondering if we should change a few things to the distribution so
that it is easier to use:
   * keep a single hot deploy folder instead of install / deploy
   * put components inside the hot deploy folder so that users do not
have to install them the first time
   * do not use the current folder as the servicemix home (unless a
specific parameter is used): this would avoid the problem of starting
smx in the bin directory, but we need to find a way to specify an
alternate location for the examples to work

Wdyt ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Changes to distribution

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/07, Nodet Guillaume <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> I'm wondering if we should change a few things to the distribution so
> that it is easier to use:
>    * keep a single hot deploy folder instead of install / deploy
>    * put components inside the hot deploy folder so that users do not
> have to install them the first time
>    * do not use the current folder as the servicemix home (unless a
> specific parameter is used): this would avoid the problem of starting
> smx in the bin directory, but we need to find a way to specify an
> alternate location for the examples to work

+1 on all. I like making the default configuration more sensible in
this manner.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Changes to distribution

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Perfect!   I think it's a nice simplification.

alex

Re: Changes to distribution

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--