Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/10 08:10:31 UTC

Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

New computer, something going haywire. Whichever tapestry module I'm
trying to build, Gradle says:
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'svn-tapestry'.
Cause: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':javadoc':
    - unresolved dependency: org.codehaus.groovy#groovy-all;1.7.4: not found
    - unresolved dependency: javassist#javassist;3.12.1.GA: not found
    - unresolved dependency: javax.inject#javax.inject;1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-api;1.6.1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: log4j#log4j;1.2.14: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-log4j12;1.6.1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.testng#testng;5.14.9: not found
    - unresolved dependency: commons-codec#commons-codec;1.3: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.antlr#antlr-runtime;3.3: not found

I do have the dependencies in .m2 repo - wonder what can be wrong,
gradle doesn't give too many hints. Any guesses?

Kalle

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I'm using gradle-0.9.2 and don't have any problems.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I don't want to be elitist ... just tracking down what is the
underlying cause. It may be a bug in Gradle or in how we are using
Gradle, but the first step is to figure out what's going on. I agree
that the build should work on Win and Unix.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I deleted my ~/.gradle/cache and experienced the same build problems
as everyone else.

I've temporarily commented out some portions of build.gradle causing
the problem.

You should be able to build, but temporarily, we are not generating
aggregate JavaDoc as part of the continousIntegration build.

I'm working with the Gradle folks to restore the missing functionality.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Richard Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I just noticed that too. Need to comment out the javadoc
> dependencies from the root project. I really don't know enough of the
> gradle build to point out the underlying problem, but considering that
> even "gradle tasks" initially fails, it doesn't seem like we are using
> gradle quite right.
>
> Kalle
>

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Richard Yunhua Sang
> <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found the workaround is to disable the javadoc configuration first, then I
>> am able to build. After that, everything is back to normal even enable the
>> javadoc config.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Kalle Korhonen
>> <ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> :)
>>>
>>> That's given, with a bunch of aliases etc. Also
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/console/ to replace the idiotic
>>> Command Prompt.
>>>
>>> Kalle

>>> and

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like it or not. While on Windows, I use bunch of stuff to make it
> behave more like Xnix to reduce my pain.

Cygwin? I just can't do any software development on Windows without it.
Fortunately, I can use Windows just for the games I can't run on Linux. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Scratch that ... looks like you are on a real OS.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> New computer, something going haywire. Whichever tapestry module I'm
> trying to build, Gradle says:
> * What went wrong:
> A problem occurred evaluating root project 'svn-tapestry'.
> Cause: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':javadoc':
>    - unresolved dependency: org.codehaus.groovy#groovy-all;1.7.4: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: javassist#javassist;3.12.1.GA: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: javax.inject#javax.inject;1: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-api;1.6.1: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: log4j#log4j;1.2.14: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-log4j12;1.6.1: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: org.testng#testng;5.14.9: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: commons-codec#commons-codec;1.3: not found
>    - unresolved dependency: org.antlr#antlr-runtime;3.3: not found
>
> I do have the dependencies in .m2 repo - wonder what can be wrong,
> gradle doesn't give too many hints. Any guesses?
>
> Kalle

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
I have the same issue building from the root. My personal gradle builds work
fine.

Posted by Richard Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.
I have similar problem:

* Where:
Build file '/Users/userid/Documents/Java/tapestry5/build.gradle' line: 135

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'tapestry5'.
Cause: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':javadoc':
    - unresolved dependency: org.codehaus.groovy#groovy-all;1.7.4: not found
    - unresolved dependency: javassist#javassist;3.12.1.GA: not found
    - unresolved dependency: javax.inject#javax.inject;1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-api;1.6.1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: log4j#log4j;1.2.14: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.slf4j#slf4j-log4j12;1.6.1: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.testng#testng;5.14.9: not found
    - unresolved dependency: commons-codec#commons-codec;1.3: not found
    - unresolved dependency: org.antlr#antlr-runtime;3.3: not found

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the top.

Builded right here right now... No issues.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Gradle builds failing - what am I missing?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.