Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mike Bryant <mb...@fosdickandhilmer.com> on 2008/01/10 15:09:54 UTC

SVN Server Crash

The server that hosted SVN died on me. I have no dump file, however, I do
have the repos themselves. Is there a way to rebuild the DB?

Thanks

Mike

-----------------------------------
Mike Bryant

Systems Adminstrator

MCSE, MCSE, MCP

FOSDICK & HILMER, Inc.
309 Vine St, Suite 50
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Office: 513-241-5640
Fax:     513-241-3659
Direct:  513-419-4248

http://www.fheng.com
<http://www.fheng.com/> -----------------------------------

Re: SVN Server Crash

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike!

On 1/10/08, Mike Bryant <mb...@fosdickandhilmer.com> wrote:
> The server that hosted SVN died on me. I have no dump file, however, I do
> have the repos themselves. Is there a way to rebuild the DB?

What format was your repository? BDB or FSFS?

If it's FSFS and you have a copy of it, just put it on a new server
and you should be good to go. (You may want to run 'svnadmin verify'
though.)

bye,

Erik.