Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Mangeng <m1...@vis.at> on 2002/05/13 17:48:01 UTC

Databases & Action

Hi

I was wondering how i can access a pooled db connection within a action...
in the turorial at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/datasources.html is mentioned in the action example:
----
import org.apache.cocoon.Roles;
-----

the problem is that this class doesn´t exist in cocoon-2.0.2.jar....

is there another way to access the db or from where can i get this org.apache.cocoon.Roles class ?

greetings
mike

Re: Databases & Action

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 13.May.2002 -- 05:48 PM, Michael Mangeng wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering how i can access a pooled db connection within a action...
> in the turorial at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/datasources.html is mentioned in the action example:
> import org.apache.cocoon.Roles;
>
> the problem is that this class doesn´t exist in cocoon-2.0.2.jar....
>
> is there another way to access the db or from where can i get this org.apache.cocoon.Roles class ?

Please look at how it is done e.g. in AbstractDatabaseAction /
DatabaseAddAction and correct the docs :-)

Your action needs to implement the Composable interface:

    /**
     * Compose the Actions so that we can select our databases.
     */
    public void compose(ComponentManager manager) throws ComponentException {
        this.dbselector = (ComponentSelector) manager.lookup(DataSourceComponent.ROLE + "Selector");

        super.compose(manager);
    }

and then

     DataSourceComponent datasource = (DataSourceComponent) this.dbselector.select(dataSourceName);
     Connection conn = datasource.getConnection();

HTH

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l