Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bill richard <bi...@126.com> on 2007/08/28 11:51:42 UTC

Will the connection be invalidte if there is no activity for a long time?

I m implementing a pool mechanism for amq connection.
take db connection as an example,u know,if the connection has been idled for
a long time,the connection be will be invalidte by the db server.
Could this happen on AMQ or any Jms implement? if could,how long the time
is?

Thanks!!

Re: Will the connection be invalidate if there is no activity for a long time?

Posted by eta <er...@ultracode.com>.
As far as I know this is implementation-specific, and yes, for AMQ
connections can time-out.  See
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html  for information
about the openwire maxInactivityDuration setting.
-E