Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/30 19:05:35 UTC

Publishing public key to key server?

As I now understand things, I don't need a key to publish a snapshot,
but I will need a key to do the first 0.1 release when we get to that point.

In preparation for then, I've generated a public key and added to the
Isis Keys file, as per [1].

Do I also need to publish my key to the http://pgp.mit.edu key server?
I found some documentation [2] that suggests that it is necessary?

Thanks
Dan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/GeneratingPgpKeys
[2] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/pmc-gpg-keys.html  ...
penultimate paragraph near the end

Re: Publishing public key to key server?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hypothetically, this requires an in-person meetings between you and
someone else in the 'web of trust'. However, creativity is exercised
here. If there's someone who feels confident that they can establish
your identity as you and not your dog, they can sign your key.

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Dan,