Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/08/31 00:08:45 UTC

Eliminating PluginConfigurator

PluginConfiguration was getting a little stale relative to 1.2.15's
DOMConfigurator.  I could have updated PluginConfigurator or added a
dependency to extras and replaced PluginConfigurator with
org.apache.log4j.extras.DOMConfigurator, however the value of using
component with pre-1.2.15 versions of log4j seems pretty small, so
made component depend on log4j 1.2.15 and removed the
PluginConfigurator and related code from component.  Chainsaw had a
dependency on PluginConfigurator, but since it already had a log4j
1.2.15 dependency, just switched it over the the log4j 1.2.15
DOMConfigurator.

The new web site is live and log4j 1.2.15 and extras appear to have
propagated to the mirrors, but are not yet in the ibiblio
repository.  Will need to get an official announcement out.

Re: Eliminating PluginConfigurator

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:47 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> Great!
>
> One thing I notice: the path to Chainsaw is a bit different now.
> That's
> not a bad thing, but could we redirect the old site & Chainsaw
> webstart
> link to the new locations?

It wasn't intentional, but looks like I just overlooked the log4j/
docs part of the URL.  Also, looks like I didn't realized the
dependencies that the Webstart file had.  I'll try to put it together
at the old place.  When we get ready to release Chainsaw, then I'll
add a rewrite rules to redirect to the new place.

RE: Eliminating PluginConfigurator

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
Apologies - the old Chainsaw URL was http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html, which now redirects as expected.

Re: dependency listings - on page: http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/dependencies.html

The first entry in the 'Dependency Listings' section is for Chainsaw 'companion' at: http://logging.apache.org:80/log4j/companions/chainsaw

Which doesn't exist.  The other links work.

Thanks

Scott

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.