Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/08/27 15:04:48 UTC

Where can I see the properties that Daffodil currently supports and doesn't support?

Hello DFDL community,

Is there a web page which lists all the DFDL properties and which ones are currently supported by Daffodil and which ones are currently not supported?

For example, does Daffodil support all the allowable values for the lengthKind property?

lengthKind = explicit | delimited | prefixed | implicit | pattern | endOfParent

/Roger

Re: Where can I see the properties that Daffodil currently supports and doesn't support?

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
Closest thing we have is:

https://daffodil.apache.org/unsupported/

This lists what is unsupported.

I have a request for an "annotated DFDL spec" which would be a DFDL spec, with some sort of side-bars or labeling about what DFDL implementation supports what aspects, all integrated into current HTML doc of DFDL, along with all current errata corrections.

The DFDL Specification is also an open project. Contributors to that effort are also welcome. Now that we have two interoperable implementations of DFDL (IBM DFDL, and Daffodil), we are moving to finalize the DFDL specification at the OGF (www.ogf.org), and that will require a bunch of editing. One thing I'm hoping is to create this annotated DFDL spec.