Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2006/11/09 08:43:52 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Please download, test, and report back on the following
candidate tarball:

    http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz
    http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz.asc
    http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz.md5

  o The Release Process was updated to use svn branches.
     THIS TARBALL WILL SEE NO CHANGES BEFORE RELEASE if 3 +1s
     are received (unlike previous RCs)

A good bit of changes
   o Solaris support is at 90% now
   o New Tests were added,
   o useful messages are printed when tests are skipped now
   o documentation tweaks

full diff between 2.09-rc1 and 2.09-rc2 here:
http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/2.09-rc1_2.09-rc2.diff
(Thats minus the license header changes)

Which can be seen here and are included in -rc2
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=472399

I never had a dream come true
'Til the day that I found you.
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby.
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be...
A part of me will always be with you.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.
All OK on Win32 using apache-2.2.2, perl-5.8.8 and mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Please download, test, and report back on the following
> candidate tarball:

+1 - all tests pass on
    - Win32: Apache/2.2.3 (winnt), perl-5.8.8 (ActivePerl
817), mod_perl-2.0.3-rc2
    - linux: Apache/2.0.55 (prefork), perl-5.8.7,
mod_perl-2.0.2

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Phillip,
  If it helps you move along better and have more time to review both 1
& 2, I'll voulenteer to pick up RMing 2.09 in addition to 1.34 so we can
get them both out the door.  Let me know.

  Issac

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Phillip,

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
>>> Are we going to have 2.09 release? It's been quite some time since RC2
> actually, i'd like to see an RC3-- there was an issue I kept complaining
> about  that Joe was going to solve thanks to some testing by
> dektidty@asianet.co.th -- reference the posting on 2007.05.25
The RC3 was what I meant.

> what are you doing there, if you don't mind me asking... i noticed that they
> were hiring ruby people a while back.  i feared we lost you.
The only and only System Admin (FreeBSD + ruby/rails) and worthless
'windows business' network.

The fun comes soon when we move into Equinix.

Philip M. Gollucci (philip@riderway.com) 323.219.4708
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc. http://riderway.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.

>> Are we going to have 2.09 release? It's been quite some time since
>> RC2
actually, i'd like to see an RC3-- there was an issue I kept
complaining about  that Joe was going to solve thanks to some testing
by dektidty@asianet.co.th -- reference the posting on 2007.05.25

> Supposedly, this is going to lighten up after August when my
> startup goes lives (Aug 10).
congrats!

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.

>> Are we going to have 2.09 release? It's been quite some time since
>> RC2
actually, i'd like to see an RC3-- there was an issue I kept
complaining about  that Joe was going to solve thanks to some testing
by dektidty@asianet.co.th -- reference the posting on 2007.05.25

> Supposedly, this is going to lighten up after August when my
> startup goes lives (Aug 10).
congrats!

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> Are we going to have 2.09 release? It's been quite some time since RC2
> went out...
That was the plan whenever I made the branch way long ago.
After moving, loosing a datacenter, and being swamped at work, I haven't
read a single mailing list since April.

Supposedly, this is going to lighten up after August when my startup goes
lives (Aug 10).

My first order of business though is to vote on the apreq 1 RC so it can
go unless I missed it.

If I am taking too long and you feel up to it, please feel free to give it
a whirl.

I'll try to answers questions too if so.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 23:43 -0800, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Please download, test, and report back on the following
> candidate tarball:
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz
>     http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz.asc
>     http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09.tar.gz.md5

Builds for Fedora Extras 6 and development should appear after the new
packages have been signed.

--
Bojan

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
OK.

New fresh builds of Perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.3, randy's apxs, mod_perl
2.0.3-rc2, Apache::Test-1.29-rc2, in their own clean tree, using VC6
(and Windows SDK just for building apache, for the ldap stuff)

So far so good.  mod_perl was detected by Apache-Test this time (so I
guess we'll never know why it broke for me last week, since the PC I had
it on is now FUBAR)

But the 7 CGI tests still break for me

The tests numbers are 32, 36-41 (in 2.09-rc2), and they all generate 500
errors

I've uploaded the HTTP streams for any masochists (I really don't think
there's anything in there more useful than the 500 error, but maybe
someone will do me the favor of proving me wrong) to
http://www.beamartyr.net/apreq-cgi.xml.bz2

I still say +1 to roll 2.09, since no one else seems to get these
errors.  Hopefully I'll figure out why I can't seem to get rid of them
and fix anything needing fixing in 2.10

  Issac

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>
>>> Which CGI tests fail ?
>>
>> Erm, my win32 build computer fizzled a bit last night, but I'll try to
>> remember to post this on Sunday.  I've already seen the same tests
>> failing on a separate PC with a separate build environment (at work -
>> yesterday's build were on my home office PC); I saw it when I was
>> originally writing the interactive-cgi module (but never found time to
>> chase them down)

>>> The dection of mod_perl has changed 0 between 1.27->1.29 much less
>>> 1.29-rc1 and 1.29-rc2

>>> Didn't you just contradict yourself ?  I'm probably reading that wrong
>>>

>> I don't think so - the CGI (t/apreq/cgi.t) test runs as a normal CGI, so
>> IIRC doesn't go through mod_perl...
>
> That's true, but it needs mod_perl, for some APR::* modules.
Not quite; it needs the perl glue (eg, the XS extensions linked against
APR/Apache)
It doesn't need Apache running mod_perl.so
> Can you try installing the latest mod_perl-2.0.3-rc2 that
> Philip posted to see if that helps?

That's what I was using.
>>> Yes that would be the problem. (does Apache-Test have the correct path
>>> to apxs and is it actually functional?)
>>>

>> I believe so; the same Apache-Test detects the same mod_perl just fine
>> on the 2.08 tarball - it's really quite odd...  Sunday I'll see if I can
>> reproduce this at work.
>
> Does the installed Apache::TestConfigData point to the
> correct httpd.exe?

Not sure - trying to replicate this at work now - we'll see what happens.

  Issac

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> Following up on the FAIL report for win32:
> Can you post your "configuration" steps -- I'm the wrong person to ask,
> but someone else might know.  I see Steve H. got passing results.

Just perl Makefile.PL, nmake, nmake test

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Following up on the FAIL report for win32:

The new Apache-Test-1.29-RC2 runs the test suite for 2.08 just fine
(against mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2).  However, here the test suite can't load
mod_perl (also mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2) into the server properly:

E:\cpp\libapreq2-2.09\glue\perl>perl t\TEST -clean

E:\cpp\libapreq2-2.09\glue\perl>perl t\TEST -verbose t\api\cookie.t
t\api\erro
t t\api\module.t t\api\param.t t\apreq\big_input.t t\apreq\cgi.t
t\apreq\cooki
t t\apreq\cookie2.t t\apreq\inherit.t t\apreq\upload.t
C:/Apache2/bin/httpd.EXE  -d E:/cpp/libapreq2-2.09/glue/perl/t -f
E:/cpp/libap
q2-2.09/glue/perl/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.2.3 (winnt MPM)

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .[Thu Nov 09 10:21:58 2006]
[warn] Pas
nv variable PERL5LIB was undefined

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 0 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
t\api\cookie.........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
        Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\error..........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
        Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\module.........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
        Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\param..........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
        Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\apreq\big_input....1..21
# Running under perl version 5.008008 for MSWin32
# Win32::BuildNumber 819
# Current time local: Thu Nov  9 10:22:04 2006
# Current time GMT:   Thu Nov  9 08:22:04 2006
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.29
# # of keys : 5, key_len 5
# Failed test 1 in t\apreq\big_input.t at line 41
# testing : GET long query
# expected: 39
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>404 Not Found</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Not Found</h1>
# <p>The requested URL /TestApReq__big_input was not found on this
server.</p>
# </body></html>
not ok 1
# # of keys : 15, key_len 5
# Failed test 2 in t\apreq\big_input.t at line 41 fail #2
# testing : GET long query
# expected: 119
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>404 Not Found</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Not Found</h1>
# <p>The requested URL /TestApReq__big_input was not found on this
server.</p>
# </body></html>
not ok 2
[snip]

CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately.  That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.

Deeper probing (t/conf/httpd.conf) shows that:
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
    #unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>

Giving a path via t/TEST -libmodperl didn't help

Fixing the path to mod_perl manually in t/conf/httpd.conf did fix it
(and all tests but the same 7 from CGI passed).

I'll keep poking around, but perhaps someone more intimately involved in
Apache-Test can figure this out faster, based on what I've seen so far...

  Issac

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.