Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "steve.hostettler" <st...@b-i.com> on 2012/10/19 11:33:38 UTC

Security requires interfaces on @Stateless ejb

Hi there,

we have found a strange behavior in our application. After having secured
the context, some of the injection were not working anymore. We narrowed it
down to the fact that @Stateless ejb without interface were not injected. As
soon as we add an interface with @Local it works.

We have numerous such beans and therefore the refactoring cost is quite
high. As this is not mandatory in the specification I would like to know if
it is considered as a bug and if there is a workaround (apart from
refactoring everything)

Here is the error message
java.lang.InstantiationException: Some objects to be injected were not found
in jndi: [javax.naming.NamingException: could not look up
openejb/Deployment/stakeholder-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar/ClientRelationshipProvider/com.capbs.s2i.portal.frontoffice.contract.ContractR1ClientRelationshipDetails!Local
[Root exception is javax.naming.NotContextException:
openejb/Deployment/stakeholder-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar/ClientRelationshipProvider/com.capbs.s2i.portal.frontoffice.contract.ContractR1ClientRelationshipDetails!Local]]
	org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.annotation.Holder.newInstance(Holder.java:176)

And h geronimo-web.xml
<http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n3985929/geronimo-web.xml>
web.xml <http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n3985929/web.xml>
ere are the web.xml and geronimo-web.xml files