Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Merico Raffaele <ra...@less.ch> on 2005/10/31 07:48:31 UTC

Web Service Proxy Generator

Dear community

Does anybody knows if there is any possibility to make the Web Service Proxy
Generator remember a session with an invoked system?

The Set-Cookie: directive of the invoked Web-Service-Server is ignored by
Web Service Proxy Generator. Is there any HTTP header information that the
Web Service Proxy Generator would remember for an invoked URL? Or do I have
to write an own Generator?

Many thanks in advance ... Raffaele

Re: Web Service Proxy Generator

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Raffaele,

Le 31 oct. 05, à 07:48, Merico Raffaele a écrit :

> ...Does anybody knows if there is any possibility to make the Web
> Service Proxy
> Generator remember a session with an invoked system?..
>
> The Set-Cookie: directive of the invoked Web-Service-Server is ignored
> by
> Web Service Proxy Generator. Is there any HTTP header information that
> the
> Web Service Proxy Generator would remember for an invoked URL? Or do I
> have
> to write an own Generator?..

I'm no WebServiceProxyGenerator expert, but I think you're right that
the current version doesn't store cookies.

Looking at the WebServiceProxyGenerator source code, the
getHttpClient() method uses a separate HttpClient instance for each
session of your Cocoon application, so it should be possible to
configure this HttpClient to store cookies. It might be just a matter
of configuring the HttpClient differently in the getHttpClient()
method.

-Bertrand