Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Troy Poppe <po...@mayo.edu> on 1998/08/04 22:08:26 UTC

mod_jserv/2782: Previous form information is displayed on next page after JServ dies

>Number:         2782
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Previous form information is displayed on next page after JServ dies
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2.6
>Environment:

SunOS machine 5.5.1 Generic_103640-06 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
On a servlet created page, containing form text fields, the data in the text
field is displayed on the next page.  I found this when I killed my JServ Java
VM process, and it re-started, and I tried to hit another servlet.  In the
servlet it would redirect me to a static login page (with text fields).  Oddly,
the information from the first text field on the servlet page (prior to killing
Jserv) was displayed in the first text field on the static page.
>How-To-Repeat:
This is located on an intranet server.  To duplicate try creating a servlet that
redirects a user to a static page containing text fields.  In the servlet, create
a form that has some text fields.  By default, fill in the first one (from the
servlet, using the VALUE attribute).  Load the servlet, kill JServ or force
it to dump servlets, and create a new classloader, reload the same servlet.  This
should take you to the static page.  You should see the VALUE attribute from the
servlet in this text field