Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/06 17:03:03 UTC

Subject line encrypted

Hi Team,

My understanding is when we are sending email during the transport the
email is Encrypted and also the Subject line. Can you please confirm me if
my understanding is correct?
If not is there any configuration that I need to set to make the transport
more secured.

Thank you,
Sai

Re: Subject line encrypted

Posted by Alex Sherwin <al...@gmail.com>.
Note that even if your server requires tranport layer (TLS/SSL), some relaying server may not.

You cannot guarantee transport security of mail from end-to-end.

The only secure way to protect the payload is S/MIME

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin@acadiasoft.com

Re: Subject line encrypted

Posted by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Eric and Alex.
We are not planning to have any other explicit encryption or any other
server. Planning to stick to tomcat and use SSL/TLS configurations.

Thank you,
Sai

Re: Subject line encrypted

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.