Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by DavidCAIT <dz...@cait.org> on 2009/07/08 21:14:40 UTC

IsEmpty inside Iterate Tag

Hi,

I am having trouble determining the correct syntax to use with the isEmpty
tag when iterating over a list. My program has a large list of objects with
potentially null fields and I need to customize my insert statements based
on whether or not a particular object has a certain field set to null.

Here is my SqlMap file:

    <insert id="createObject" parameterClass="java.util.List">
        Insert into someTable (field1, field2, field3)
        Values <iterate conjunction=", ">
        (#[].field1#, <isNotEmpty property="[].field2">#[].field2#,
</isNotEmpty><isEmpty property="[].field2">NULL, </isEmpty> #[].field3#)
    </iterate>
    </insert>

When I call this sqlMap, the isNotEmpty tag throws the following exception:

SqlMapClient operation; uncategorized SQLException for SQL []; SQL state
[null]; error code [0];
--- The error occurred in org/someFile/mySQL.xml.
--- The error occurred while preparing the mapped statement for execution.
--- Check the Mapping.
--- Check the createObject parameter map.
Cause: com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException: Error getting ordinal list
from JavaBean. Cause java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index
out of range: -1; nested exception is
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

What syntax should I use in the isNotEmpty property field to avoid this
exception? When I remove the isNotEmpty and isEmpty tags, the sql statement
executes successfully. I tried using property="#[].field2#" and
property="field2" but neither of those statements fixed the problem.

Thanks!

RE: IsEmpty inside Iterate Tag

Posted by DavidCAIT <dz...@cait.org>.
Yes, that did work. It seems like a bit of a waste to create a Hashmap simply
to store a duplicate of the List, but it does resolve the problem.

Thanks again for your help.