Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/12/08 14:30:53 UTC

Maven 1.x Release Requirements

Hi,

Some please get the Maven 1.x that they know of up so we can try to
work together to get the release out. The only things I see are:

- compatibility
- that wagon is used for transport as we have to get rid of commons-
httpclient, or at least the version that is currently killing us

I will help with it this weekend and test it but we have to get it
out. The Ibiblio problems are going to kill our Maven 1.x users. I'll
shift entirely over to helping with the release until it's out but
Arnaud/Lukas please get those requirements up please.

Jason.

Re: Maven 1.x Release Requirements

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I update our homepage

Arnaud

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
http://repo1.maven.org/maven

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
(don't use maven 1 anymore)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 8 Dec 06, at 9:06 AM 8 Dec 06, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> AFAICT neither maven-core nor the artifact plugin are actually
> using httpclient anymore, only the jira and linkcheck plugins still
> use it.
>
> For compat, the blocker is MAVEN-1755, that's the only issue IMO
> that needs to be resolved for 1.1. Arnaud was working on it, I let
> him sum up the status.

So to resolve entities, got it. We can either hack this into xpp3 and
if we need help from the guy who wrote it I will ask. Though I see
you have a patch for it in JIRA which must be dated as you have
access to modello. At any rate, let me know and you can have all my
time until we get the release out. The m2 stuff can wait for a few days.

Jason.

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.