Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2004/07/30 15:04:49 UTC

New committer: Peter Rossbach

Hi,

I'd like to nominate Peter Rossbach <pr _at_ objektpark.de> as a
committer on the Tomcat project. Peter submitted a significant amount of
useful patches for Tomcat, and wants to contribute more.

He has my +1.

Rémy

Re: New committer: Peter Rossbach

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to nominate Peter Rossbach <pr _at_ objektpark.de> as a
> committer on the Tomcat project. Peter submitted a significant amount of
> useful patches for Tomcat, and wants to contribute more.
>
> He has my +1.
>
> Rémy

+1

Costin

Re: New committer: Peter Rossbach

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev <de...@hanik.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
+1

-Tim

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to nominate Peter Rossbach <pr _at_ objektpark.de> as a
> committer on the Tomcat project. Peter submitted a significant amount of
> useful patches for Tomcat, and wants to contribute more.

++1.

Guenter.

Re: New committer: Peter Rossbach

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi all,
thank for all your votes!

I want to introduce a bit who I am and what I'm doing.

I am a freelancer and have a lot of experience at
servlet technologie and J2EE architecture development. I started
servlet web development at 1997. The first project was
to design, organize and implement a distribute information
system with more than 1000 Linux nodes. And it works very fine. With
this knowlege I wrote with Hendrik Schreiber the "Java
Servlets and Server Book" and help to implement the
first servlet 2.1 API conform servlet engine "jo!"
( cool work from Hendrik) and the webapp framework (http://www.webapp.de).
This was the start writing a lot of german articles
about web technologies.
In 2002 I wrote the frist german Tomcat Book ("Tomcat 4X").
The last year I wrote the monthly german Tomcat columne at
Java Magazin and start a new german book project for
Tomcat 5.next (http://tomcat.objektpark.org). Now I am working
with Thorsten Kamann at the Centaurus-Platform (http://centaurus.sourceforge.net).
We want to build a secure and easy Java web hosting platform.
Since the last four years I coach a lot of people at german
conferences for tomcat knowledge, setup build verification systems
and advanced web development.

I want start to help Remy with the new deployment method, made
more JMX possible and hope to help save correct server.xml
configuration.

Thanks, I am very proud today to start more active tomcat development.
Peter

PS: I hope to get a good internet access by my family holiday place ...  :-D

Re: New committer: Jean-Jacques Clar

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Günter Knauf wrote:
> I'd like to nominate Jean-Jacques Clar <JJ...@novell.com> as committer for the JTC connectors.
> Jean-Jacques works for Novell where I met him already; he's there working with the Apache and Tomcat stuff, and since Mike left the company there's now no other commiter from Novell anymore with karma for the Tomcat stuff. Jean-Jacques is already commiter of httpd, and I think now also of apr, so I believe he's a good candidate.

Since for the last couple of months I was the
Last of the Mohicans :) struggling with JK, I'm more then
pleased to welcome Jean-Jacques Clar.

So here is my:
+1

Welcome Jean-Jacques!

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: New committer: Jean-Jacques Clar

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 welcome on board :)

BTW, the latest of the mohican, Mladen, did a tremendous works on JK
1.2.x the latest weeks and I'd like to congrat him :)

Regards

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Günter Knauf schrieb:

>I'd like to nominate Jean-Jacques Clar <JJ...@novell.com> as committer for the JTC connectors.
>Jean-Jacques works for Novell where I met him already; he's there working with the Apache and Tomcat stuff, and since Mike left the company there's now no other commiter from Novell anymore with karma for the Tomcat stuff. Jean-Jacques is already commiter of httpd, and I think now also of apr, so I believe he's a good candidate.
>
>Guenter.

+1
More people, More fun :-)

Great.
Peter

New committer: Jean-Jacques Clar

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Luehe <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Jan

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
+1

-- Jeanfrancois

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to nominate Peter Rossbach <pr _at_ objektpark.de> as a
> committer on the Tomcat project. Peter submitted a significant amount of
> useful patches for Tomcat, and wants to contribute more.
>
> He has my +1.
>
> Rémy

+1 welcome on board.

Question: On what part of TC, Peter is expected to work ?

RE: New committer: Peter Rossbach

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Mark