Posted to user@flink.apache.org by wpb <30...@qq.com> on 2018/10/03 06:10:45 UTC

How can I set the Flink Job Id to enable flink checkpoint

hello,
    When I enable the checkpoint in flink job, I found that flink have saved the checkpoint to the dir such as ${statebackend}/${jobId}. but after I restart the flink job, the  job id is changed, so that the state does not restore correctly.
    How can I set the Flink Job Id in code?

Re: How can I set the Flink Job Id to enable flink checkpoint

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

for starting a job from the state of a previous job you should look into savepoints: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.6/ops/state/savepoints.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.6/ops/state/savepoints.html>

Checkpoints are only meant for faul tolerance within one execution of a job.

Best,
Aljoscha