Posted to user@ant.apache.org by li...@bitfaeule.net on 2005/06/09 12:32:31 UTC

remoteAnt vs. rant

Hello Robert,

What is the difference between RemoteAnt provided in com.rjmpsmith.ant compared to ant-contrib's rant?

I need to make a decision what to use for my distributed build-system that synchronously builds C++ on Mac and WIn and a large java project also on mac and win.

Thanks for help here.

-jacques

How to read a a particular log file and echo the message from "Build.xml" ?

Posted by ve...@bankone.com.
Hi All,

>From Build.xml,How to read a  particular log file(which is in the same
folder) and echo the message of a particular field in the log file  from
"Build.xml"?

Is ant provide those facility andshould i have to read a script for this ?

Thanks,
Venkat.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: remoteAnt vs. rant

Posted by James Fuller <ji...@ruminate.co.uk>.
lists@bitfaeule.net wrote:

>I need to make a decision what to use for my distributed build-system that synchronously builds C++ on Mac and WIn and a large java project also on mac and win.

IMHO, RemoteAnt within ant-contrib lib wins hands down for stability
etc...though if want you want is sophisticated scheduling I would
reccommend LuntBuild, Anthill Pro, or some other continuous integration
approach....I try to keep source control has my common denominator
between disparate builds, though if you are in a situation where you
*need* to build across many machines, in a particular sequence, whilst
cascading dependencies to each machine sometimes using RemoteAnt is your
only choice. Another very common scenario that I use RemoteAnt is for
deployment.

gl, Jim Fuller