Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ninja <ni...@chadmail.com> on 2010/06/19 15:53:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Can not access one page from other than localhost - but can access another ok from lan...what's up?

Hi folks,
   I have just installed nagios and ninja (monitoring apps) on CentOS 5.4 and all appears to have gone ok, however I have an issue when I try to log in from the LAN, ie not the CenOS machine(localhost).

On the local host, I can open a browser and go to http://192.168.0.11/ninja or http://localhost/ninjaI enter my userid and pass and I am in. No problems.

However, on another machine on the LAN if I go to http://192.168.0.11/ninja it loadshttp://192.168.0.11/ninja/index.php/default/show_login,  I enter my (same) userid and pass and it just reloads the login screen. No message,no error, but no login!

The odd thing is that I can log into http://192.168.0.11/nagios from the LAN no problems. But not to /ninja, that only works on the localhost ...I need your help to track the cause.

I looked in the log files and do not see any errors re. the access issue.

The /etc/hosts file contains the IP addresses of the LAN machines and the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ninja.conf file is as follows...
<IfModule !mod_alias.c>
        LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
</IfModule>

Alias /ninja /usr/local/nagios/addons/ninja
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/addons/ninja">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        DirectoryIndex index.php
</Directory>

And the /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf
# SAMPLE CONFIG SNIPPETS FOR APACHE WEB SERVER
# Last Modified: 11-26-2005
#
# This file contains examples of entries that need
# to be incorporated into your Apache web server
# configuration file.  Customize the paths, etc. as
# needed to fit your system.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

I do not have a .htaccess file as far as I know.  The above is all on a fresh install of CentOS 5.4.

Any and all help appreciated.

Re: [users@httpd] Can not access one page from other than localhost - but can access another ok from lan...what's up?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 19.06.10 23:53, Ninja wrote:
> I have just installed nagios and ninja (monitoring apps) on CentOS 5.4 and
> all appears to have gone ok, however I have an issue when I try to log in
> from the LAN, ie not the CenOS machine(localhost).

> On the local host, I can open a browser and go to
> http://192.168.0.11/ninja or http://localhost/ninjaI enter my userid and
> pass and I am in. No problems.
>
> However, on another machine on the LAN if I go to
> http://192.168.0.11/ninja it
> loadshttp://192.168.0.11/ninja/index.php/default/show_login, I enter my
> (same) userid and pass and it just reloads the login screen. No message,no
> error, but no login!
>
> The odd thing is that I can log into http://192.168.0.11/nagios from the
> LAN no problems. But not to /ninja, that only works on the localhost ...I
> need your help to track the cause.

check if it is not the ninja who cares where do you connect from.
even if apache allows access, PHP scripts may refuse it.