Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ghania Ferrag <gh...@vantrix.com> on 2009/10/19 23:52:49 UTC

Extending Jmeter-How to add new Sampler

Hi Every one,

I'm new to Jmeter, and I want to write new sampler, the sampler should invoke  an internal Component using Spring Http Invoker.

Does anyone can guide me on this,  any good document on how to extend Jmeter ? or any good link to read and start my new sampler ?

Just for your information,  I'm using Intellij as IDE  and I'm wondering if Eclipse would be better for this task ?

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance for all your responses and help,

My Best Regards,

Ghania Ferrag
Java Software developer

RE: Extending Jmeter-How to add new Sampler

Posted by Ghania Ferrag <gh...@vantrix.com>.
Thanks for your response Deepack and the raison why we want to write our own sampler simply because we want  to use an SSH connection and specify the HostName/IP and port and user/ Password and some other fields (for now we don't have all other data), to connect to the other part where we will invoke an internal Component using Spring Http Invoker.

So any help on this is much appreciated and again thank you very much for your response,

Regards,

Ghania Ferrag

Why do you need to write your own sampler though? Couldnt you use the
Junit/Java sampler?
Either IDE is fine.
regards
deepak