Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Doyle, Michael J" <mi...@gs.com> on 2003/06/10 19:21:53 UTC

Struts Dependencies

Hi,

Does anyone know what version of Jakarta ORO is packaged with the Struts 1.1
RC release?

Actually, it would be useful to know the versions of all the dependent
libraries in the release.

Is there a way to find out from a Jakarta jar what its version is?

Thanks in advance!
- Mike

Re: Struts Dependencies

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
A "pretty good but not perfect" way to check is to look at the
Implementation-Version entry in the jar's /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file. The
jakarta-commons projects are pretty good about setting these in accordance
with their release numbers. commons-beanutils.jar will show version 1.6 for
the 1.6.1 release, but the other ones I checked recently matched their
release numbers exactly.

Other than that, you can download commons releases and check that the jar
files match.

I suspect ORO 2.0.7 is what is packaged with the 1.1 RC release, but I'm not
sure. Jakarta-ORO has good version info in it's manifest based on my recent
investigation.

-Max

Re: Struts Dependencies

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.