Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com> on 2014/11/26 19:15:33 UTC

[jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

cc @jdaggett
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/adriancole/jclouds adrian.swift-tempauth

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616

-- Commit Summary --

  * JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth

-- File Changes --

    A apis/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/TempAuthSwiftApiMetadata.java (95)
    A apis/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/config/TempAuthModule.java (175)
    M apis/openstack-swift/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.jclouds.apis.ApiMetadata (1)
    A apis/openstack-swift/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/TempAuthMockTest.java (92)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
I'm going to land this in master, 1.8.x

That way, we can remove apis/swift and common/openstack in 1.9.x

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64733813

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
@demobox PTAL. This is now controlled by a property. required rethinking a little.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64729490

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
I've on more idea I will try before punting to someone else (where that
probably means no one).

Will update in a bit

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
@demobox if the KeystoneAuthenticationModule wasn't so self-coupled (ex. needs to use multibindings to unwind itself), the following might have worked to support what you are asking for.

```java
   @Override
   protected void configure() {
      // magic needed to defer resolution of AnnotatedHttpApiProvider.get()
      binder().bind(new TypeLiteral<Class<TempAuthApi>>() {
      }).toInstance(TempAuthApi.class);
      binder().bind(new TypeLiteral<Class<AuthenticationApi>>() {
      }).toInstance(AuthenticationApi.class);
   }

   @Provides @Singleton AuthenticationApi authenticationApi(@Named(CREDENTIAL_TYPE) String credentialType,
         AnnotatedHttpApiProvider<AuthenticationApi> viaKeystone, AnnotatedHttpApiProvider<TempAuthApi> viaTempAuth) {
      if (credentialType.equals("tempAuthCredentials")) {
         return new TempAuthAuthenticationApi(viaTempAuth.get());
      }
      return viaKeystone.get();
   }
```

Regardless, someone could possibly make this work on properties alone, just I'd estimate it at 1-2 days work. I'm over my jclouds budget at the moment, by about 50 hours or so.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64726154

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #1955](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/1955/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64696721

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
@adriancole To clarify: the idea here would be that users would have to create a different context (with a different key) to authenticate against an OpenStack instance using this auth type. Just wondering if there's no easy way to support both auth types from the same context..?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64713692

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.

>  jclouds-pull-requests-java-7 #328
> <https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/328> FAILURE
>
> The test failure is in an AWS EC2 test that seems unrelated to this PR, so
> it shouldn't hold it up. Aany idea where that might be coming from, though?
>
> Tests run: 303, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 21.624 sec <<< FAILURE! - in TestSuite
> addIpPermissionGroupFromIpPermission(org.jclouds.aws.ec2.compute.extensions.AWSEC2SecurityGroupExtensionApiMockTest)  Time elapsed: 0.166 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: Unexpected end of file from server connecting to POST http://localhost:38030/ HTTP/1.1
>     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:772)
>
> Not sure, but I've pretty much had it with TestNG. I'd love to switch to
junit so I can use test rules and avoid all this base test class
subclassing dance, and stop worrying about which fields are shared, etc.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64733736

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
ps rather than nagging, I will just plan to merge this in 3 days, if no feedback.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64710525

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #1956](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/1956/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64733214

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
This looks pretty cool, although I don't know enough about TempAuth to comment on the technical details. An addition to jclouds-examples would probably help, but that can be covered in a different PR.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64732579

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
I know what you are getting at, but that implies conditional bindings. Ex.

https://github.com/google/guice/wiki/AvoidConditionalLogicInModules

I tried to start doing that, but KeyStone is very strict. ex.
KeystoneAuthenticationModule.authenticationMethods is a bit of a stroll.

Since temp auth is edge case, I can't justify the time to unwind everything
to support it via property+conditional binding.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64725549

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests-java-7 #327](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests-java-7/327/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64690592

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #1417](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/1417/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64731919

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests-java-7 #328](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests-java-7/328/) FAILURE

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64730823

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add tempAuthCredentials to openstack-swift (#616)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
merged

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64734019

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-523 add openstack-swift-tempauth (#616)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #1416](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/1416/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/616#issuecomment-64692894