Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/08/01 00:56:17 UTC

Re: [docs] draft of "building components" page

Phil Steitz wrote:

>Agreed.  Unfortunately, I don't think the artifact plugin supports
>prompting.  Probably better in any case to pass this on the command
>line (though that is still not too good).  Brett?

Yes, command line is better, but as Robert says still not great. Working
on a secured storage and keyboard input for m2, and could bring that
back to Maven 1.1.

Another alternative is to use scpexe:// instead of scp:// which requires
you have scp on your path. It's a bit slower due to forking, but allows
you to use an ssh-agent.
If anyone is up for commons-sshagent that can talk to openssh and/or
pageant, please let me know. I have read Jsch doesn't currently have
anything because Java can't communicate with domain sockets, but that's
about all the research I've been able to do this far.

>>2 tyoe (i think)
>>
>>Note that because of the rsynch delay, your changes will not appear
>>

>What is the problem here?  Can't see the typo...

rsync (and tyoe is a typo too :)

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [docs] draft of "building components" page

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 08:56 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
> >Agreed.  Unfortunately, I don't think the artifact plugin supports
> >prompting.  Probably better in any case to pass this on the command
> >line (though that is still not too good).  Brett?
> >

> Yes, command line is better, but as Robert says still not great. Working
> on a secured storage and keyboard input for m2, and could bring that
> back to Maven 1.1.
>
> Another alternative is to use scpexe:// instead of scp:// which requires
> you have scp on your path. It's a bit slower due to forking, but allows
> you to use an ssh-agent.
> If anyone is up for commons-sshagent that can talk to openssh and/or
> pageant, please let me know. I have read Jsch doesn't currently have
> anything because Java can't communicate with domain sockets, but that's
> about all the research I've been able to do this far.

did a small amount of digging (probably only enough to know you're
right)...

(sadly) commons-sshagent would probably need a commons-native-pipes
(with url scheme?) first to do the unix domain sockets or named pipes.
think that mod_jk2 does domain sockets so maybe there's something could
be extracted from there but my c is very, very bad...

- robert