Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ashwin Basagouda Patil <as...@robosoftin.com> on 2008/02/28 09:11:48 UTC

Out-Of-Date

Hi All,

I have problem in committing the file to the subversion. The client
says "The file is out of date". I have attached the screen shot of the
error from the svn client in the Mac system. Any way this problem exists in
both Mac and window’s too.

Actually this error message comes even after updating the file top the
newer revision and tries to commit. This issue does not appear to all the
files but most of the time, some time it won’t be having any such issues.

We need to delete the folder and re-checkout the folder or file every time
to commit the changes. This is really affecting the work around of the
developers in the company.

Please help how I can solve this problem

MY configuration

Subversion : 1.4.5
Apache : 2.0.59
Ssl connection and ldap authentication.

Thanks
Ashwin

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.

Re: Out-Of-Date

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 28, 2008, at 21:17, Ashwin Basagouda Patil wrote:

> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>
>> Ashwin Basagouda Patil writes:
>>
>>> Actually this error message comes even after updating the file
>>> top the
>>> newer revision and tries to commit. This issue does not appear to
>>> all
>>> the files but most of the time, some time it won’t be having any
>>> such issues.
>>

>> Are you really, really, really sure that you updated successfully
>> right before commiting?
>
> Really!!!!!!!!!!. I was also not believed as being and system
> administrator, but when I approached the developers[Users] I
> noticed this
> problem is there.
>
> Some day it won’t give any problem. But most of the time.
>
> We need to delete the file once, then update it, then do the
> changes and
> commit works. Again by next day or some day after, it gives the same
> problem even we first update the file to newer revision and work
> and commit.
>

> Strange na!!!
>
> And this happening only after I upgraded server from 1.3 to 1.4.5
> version
> to SVN.
>
> Please give me the solution.

Based on your descriptions, it doesn't sound like this should be
happening. "Out of date" really means that your working copy is out
of date, and you should "svn update" to update it. I've never heard
of that not resolving the issue.

Can you check out a fresh working copy from your repository? Do you
still see the problem then? If not, get rid of the old working copy
and just use the new one.

If you still see the problem with a fresh working copy, then can you
recreate the problem in a fresh repository? That is, can you
"svnadmin create" a new test repository, add some files, and through
some set of operations cause the problem to occur? If so, please give
us the exact steps to recreate the problem, stating with creating the
repository, so that we can try to reproduce it on our systems.

Re: Out-Of-Date

Posted by Ashwin Basagouda Patil <as...@robosoftin.com>.
Dear Sir,

Really!!!!!!!!!!. I was also not believed as being and system
administrator, but when I approached the developers[Users] I noticed this
problem is there.

Some day it won’t give any problem. But most of the time.

We need to delete the file once, then update it, then do the changes and
commit works. Again by next day or some day after, it gives the same
problem even we first update the file to newer revision and work and commit.

Strange na!!!

And this happening only after I upgraded server from 1.3 to 1.4.5 version
to SVN.

Please give me the solution.

Reply me please.

Thanks