Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com> on 2004/10/03 17:51:41 UTC

flow: accessing cocoon logger from Java classes

I hae a Java method called from JavaScript Flow that I would like to
instrument with the normal cocoon logging facilities.  What is the
best practice for passing the logger from the flow JavaScript to the
Java?

TIA,

--
JP

Re: flow: accessing cocoon logger from Java classes

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> I hae a Java method called from JavaScript Flow that I would like to
> instrument with the normal cocoon logging facilities.  What is the
> best practice for passing the logger from the flow JavaScript to the
> Java?
>
> TIA,

You should make you class implement LogEnabled (or, more conveniently,
extend AbstractLogEnabled), and then instantiate it using
cocoon.createObject(Packages.my.NiceClass).

The various Avalon lifecycle interfaces implemented by the class will be
honoured and the enableLogging() method will be called.

Sylvain