Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by TAE JIN KIM <sn...@hotmail.com> on 2013/03/04 20:27:15 UTC

What does this warning mean?

OS: Windows XP Pro with SP 3
File that used for installation : setup-couchdb-1.2.1_otp_R14B04.exe

Installation was OK, however, I wasn't able to open Futon on newest FF browser.
It looks like error comes from os_mon..

c:/PROGRA~1/Apache Software Foundation/CouchDB/lib/os_mon-2.2.7/priv/bin/win32sysinfo.exe

Checked this file and it exists...for testing, when I just ran this exe file..
it executed like this..

in message_loop
☺o

BTW, I checked my Event Log....

There are bunch of warning Entry....
Source:ErlSrv...
Apache CouchDB: Possible cyclic restarting of erlang machine.
Apache CouchDB: Restarted erlang machine.

What does this mean?..How do I fix this issue?
Obviously, sounds like there are some cycling process issue...but no idea how I am supposed to fix this...

3> application:start(os_mon).
{error,{shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}}

=CRASH REPORT==== 4-Mar-2013::14:04:31 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: os_mon_sysinfo:init/1
    pid: <0.47.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {enoent,
                        [{erlang,open_port,
                             [{spawn,
                                  "c:/PROGRA~1/Apache Software Foundation/CouchD
B/lib/os_mon-2.2.7/priv/bin/win32sysinfo.exe"},
                              [{packet,1}]]},
                         {os_mon_sysinfo,start_portprogram,0},
                         {os_mon_sysinfo,init,1},
                         {gen_server,init_it,6},
                         {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6
    ancestors: [os_mon_sup,<0.45.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.46.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 444
  neighbours:
4>
=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 4-Mar-2013::14:04:31 ===
     Supervisor: {local,os_mon_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {enoent,
                     [{erlang,open_port,
                          [{spawn,
                               "c:/PROGRA~1/Apache Software Foundation/CouchDB/l
ib/os_mon-2.2.7/priv/bin/win32sysinfo.exe"},
                           [{packet,1}]]},
                      {os_mon_sysinfo,start_portprogram,0},
                      {os_mon_sysinfo,init,1},
                      {gen_server,init_it,6},
                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,os_mon_sysinfo},
                  {mfargs,{os_mon_sysinfo,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,2000},
                  {child_type,worker}]

4>
=INFO REPORT==== 4-Mar-2013::14:04:31 ===
    application: os_mon
    exited: {shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: temporary

Re: What does this warning mean?

Posted by Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>.
I don't run CouchDB on Windows, but I think that it would be a problem that
it's in C:\Progra~1\Apache Software Foundation, since Apache Software
Foundation has spaces. Maybe try changing the script to load from
C:\Progra~1\Apache~1 (type that in an address bar first to make sure it
works)?

---
Keith Gable
A+, Network+, and Storage+ Certified Professional
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Mobile Application Developer / Web Developer

Posted by TAE JIN KIM <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.