Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2014/10/03 02:02:41 UTC

Don't want to repeat plugin version for both build and reporting

I use the maven-javadoc-plugin in both <build> and <reporting>. I don't
want to fall back to <properties> to share the plugin version. Is there a
better way than using <properties>?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Don't want to repeat plugin version for both build and reporting

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
AFAIK, it was fixed in Maven 3.1.0-alpha-1
I just tested and couldn't get any warning with Maven 3.2.3, where I get it
with Maven 3.0.5

what warning are you seeing?
can you share a test project?

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I am not able to find any indication of this fix in release notes under 3.x

But I do recall Hervé did some work on it

-D

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
just learn something new
Thanks!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Don't want to repeat plugin version for both build and reporting

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> I’ve always used <properties>, but would it work to use
> <buildDependencies>? -K
>
> On Oct 2, 2014, at 7:02 PM, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I use the maven-javadoc-plugin in both <build> and <reporting>. I don't
> > want to fall back to <properties> to share the plugin version. Is there a
> > better way than using <properties>?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Don't want to repeat plugin version for both build and reporting

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Using properties for plugin versions has the additional benefit, that
versions-maven-plugin is able to update plugins as well via
versions:update-properties.
Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/