Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by du...@gmail.com on 2017/03/29 22:55:53 UTC

UDFs Within Expressions

Currently, it is not possible to use UDFs within an expression.  I.e. I'd like to be able to use something like `out = (-1/2) * util::my_function(x)`.  This would of course extend to more elaborate expressions.  Also, note that we *are* able to use built-in functions within expressions.

I think it would be good to allow for this.  Are there any issues that would make this difficult?

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw